Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Painting Project...Before And After

I love paint. I think it is a great way to make old things look new. In fact, a lot of the furniture in my house is hand me downs that I have painted or refinished in some way. My latest project was the picnic table on my back porch. It was a plain wood table when my mom gave it to me years ago and it has had two coats of paint that I can think of over the years. I noticed the other day that it was looking pretty rough, so I decided to give it a face lift.
The first thing I did was decide the colors I wanted to paint it. I knew I wanted to do multicolored because I wanted something bright and fun to liven up the patio a bit. I pinned some color schemes on Pinterest and finally settled on a robin eggs blue and coral combo. 
Next I needed paint. Since I love painting things, I do have quite a stockpile of paint, but I couldn't find the exact colors I wanted in my stash, so when I was at Walmart, I picked up a blue chalk paint. I figured that I would find the other colors at Michaels or Home Depot, but when I got home I was suddenly hit with the painting bug, so I decided to mix my own custom colors for the other two paints that I would use.
I mixed a custom coral pink and grey color.....fancy. And for some reason there is a piece of a Flutterbye Fairy in with the paint.....random. 

Once my colors were ready, I got to work cleaning the table and prepping it for paint. I really, really  needed to sand it, but I didn't because that is how I roll. 
See what I mean....Looking a bit rough. 

Ready, set, GO!

Ting! All done and I lurve it!

I think that was just what it needed....it looks happy now! 

I have another paint project inside the house that has been sitting half finished for a while now....perhaps I will be inspired to get it done now too....and maybe I will blog about it???! Excite.

See ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment