Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Highlights And Stuff I Want To Marry

When I first started this blog, I intended it to be a place for me to talk about the things that I was loving at the moment. The name of the blog came from me saying, "I love *blank* so much, I want to marry it!" a phrase which came from this amazing show from my childhood (yay for growing up in the 80's!). I am realizing though that the blogs I enjoy reading the most are about people and their everyday lives and that that is also becoming what I enjoy writing about the most. I am thinking that going forward, that is the direction I will go with a bit of my favorite things mixed in. So that is exactly what this post is...a breakdown of my weekend with my family with some of my current favorite things.

This weekend was a four day weekend for E (my 8 year old), so we got the party started on Friday. The first thing the girls did on Friday morning was get all of Baby B's Little People sets out and make a giant Little People village in the living room.
It was super cute and much appreciated because it kept B happy and busy for a good 30 minutes....long enough for me to have a cup of coffee and check emails in peace. It was good times for all.

Saturday got off to an equally amazing start  because my husband was off work, which meant I got to take a nice long shower and actually take time to properly put on makeup and get ready for the day. My weekday beauty routine tends to be super rushed because I either do it when B is napping or when she is momentarily distracted by a toy right outside the shower door, so my long Saturday morning showers are a luxury for sure. Speaking of showers, something I am loving right now is this link that Janetha shared on her blog about how to properly shampoo your hair. I have fine hair and this technique has been awesome for me. My hair has lots more body and bounce...love it! Another beauty related thing I am loving is the Clairsonic Mia that I got for Christmas from my parents. If you haven't heard of it, you can check it out here.  It is a bit pricey, but it is amazing, I tell you. My skin is so soft after I use it that I wish they made a giant one for my body. Good stuff. Once I was ready for the day, we went to my nephews basketball game and later took a walk to the park.
Our weather has been so amazing lately that the park is becoming a regular part of our day. We ended the day with a movie night and yummy movie treats. We watched Maleficent for the 1985749874 time and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

Moving on to Sunday, we all slept in a bit and it was glorious. I had another long shower, which was also glorious and as an extra special treat, my mother in law hung out with the girls so that the hubs and I could have a lunch date. It was excellent! AND THEN my awesome mother in law invited us for dinner, which meant great food and no cooking for me. It was a great day I tell you.

And now here we are on Monday. I have been fighting a massive headache off and on all weekend and it seems to be at its worst today. I am currently watching the girls play while I wait for the Tylenol to kick in and we are listening to Robyn radio on Pandora (another current fav of mine and I highly recommend if you like to shake your booty like we do). I have a feeling it is going to be a pretty lazy day today and I am totally okay with that.
Yep, it's warm enough here to play outside in the water in January. Crazy right?! 

Oh yah and before i forget, I went to Target this weekend and saw this:
W.....T......F! I am not okay with this for several reasons. A) I am so not ready for bathing suit season. B) Bathing suits mean summer, which means 1 milion degree temperatures here. C) I am so not ready for bathing suit season. Lets just enjoy winter for a minute shall we??

Have a great week! Until next time!

What kind of blogs do you typically enjoy reading?




No comments:

Post a Comment